Some scenes from A Night Out (Farce), Mr. Charles Klein's adaptation of L'Hotel Libre-Echange, performed at the Criterion Theatre, London, in 1907.
This farce, which, when produced in 1896 at the Vaudeville, ran for five hundred nights, is again provoking laughter in its new home at the Criterion Theatre.
Miss Marguerite Leslie, now playing, at the Criterion Theatre, the part of Marcelle in A Night Out, Mr. Charles Klein's adaptation of L'Hotel Libre-Echange.
"The Illustrated Sporting and Dramatic News, August 17th, 1907," showing the Following 4 Photographs for "The Revival of the Farce, "A Night Out," at the Criterion Theatre."
a- The Girls :- "Look, look, at the lights ; how blue the flame is!"- Miss Margurite leslie as Paillard's wife, Mr. George Giddens as Joseph Pinglet, Mr. George Desmond, Miss Vine, &c.
b- Paillard's nephew, Maxime (Mr. George Desmond), to Miss Frances Vine (as the servant Victorine) : "Go on! I like that!"
c- Mr. Giddens as Pinglet :-"I love you! I adore you!"
d- Joseph Pinglet (Mr. George Giddens) :- "Great Heavens! Mathieu and his four daughters!"
No comments:
Post a Comment