Saturday, 15 August 2026

I'll Leave It to You (A Light Comedy in Three Acts), written by Noël Coward (1899-1973), and produced at the Gaiety Theatre, Manchester, on 3 May 1920, directed by Stanley Bell.

    A scene from I'll Leave It to You (A Light Comedy in Three Acts), written by the English dramatist Noël Coward (1899-1973), and produced at the Gaiety Theatre, Manchester, on 3 May 1920, directed by Stanley Bell.

    Noël Coward was encouraged by the producer Gilbert Miller, who suggested the idea for I'll Leave It to You. Miller presented the play at the Gaiety Theatre, Manchester, on 3 May 1920, directed by Stanley Bell; it ran for 24 performances there and then transferred to the New Theatre in London, where it ran from 21 July for 37 performances. It was the first of Coward's plays to be staged.



Bobbie (Noël Coward) and Faith (Esmé Wynne), 1920




No comments:

Post a Comment