Monday, 3 August 2026

Three scenes from The Little Countess, performed at the Avenue Theatre, London, in 1903.

Three scenes from The Little Countess,  performed at the Avenue Theatre, London, in 1903.



The Illustrated Sporting and Dramatic News, May 16th, 1903, "The Little Countess" at the Avenue Theatre.
1- Nina (Liss Joan Burnett).  Sadie  (Miss Annie Hughes).   Lord Budleigh (Mr. Ben Webster). Sadie "How do you do, Lord Budleigh."- Act I.
2- Sadie  (Miss Annie Hughes).  Jack Scarlett (Mr. Frederick Kerr).  Lady hermione Browne  (Miss Suzanne Sheldon).  Charlotte Countess of Budleigh  (Mrs. George Canninge).
Scarlett.  "I'll be weak and change my mind,  I will stay."- Act II.
3- Nina (Miss Joan Burnett).  Charlotte Countess of Budleigh  (Mrs. Geo. Canninge).  Lady hermioni  (Miss Suzanne Sheldon.  Sadie (Miss Annie Hughes).  Faulkner  (Mr. Latimer).  Jack Scarlett  (Mr. Frederick Kerr).
Lady Hermioni : "Mr. Scarlett, you won't forget to write down the shop where you get that delicious cream for the hands."- Act III.



No comments:

Post a Comment